Leaving your burdens with the Lord is easier than carrying them yourself, and it is amazing to me how it is that when you are humble God lifts you up. Try it. Wait upon the Lord and you will see.
I continue to be frustrated with the idea that we “go to church,” and that church is separate from the rest of our lives. We need to change our mindset. Let’s remember we are the church, we shouldn’t ‘go to church’ but we should go out into the world and be the church. (I know that’s a mouthful!) Let’s go “to worship” the LORD together and then gladly go out into all the world. Everyday, let’s bring the good news of Jesus outside of the walls of the church. Let’s make that the goal: Get out of the walls of the church! Bring Jesus to a hurting world. Do whatever you can to bring love, blessing and the truth of Jesus Christ and His forgiveness and renewal that only He is able to bring.
Jesus said, “No one can see the kingdom of heaven unless He is born again.” Jesus makes us a new creation. He gives us a new life with all the past forgiven. (Yes!) He gives us hope and wisdom for every need. Through Jesus we have a personal relationship with God Almighty! This is what every soul longs for, and it needs to be shared!
God is always good. So many times people blame the Lord for their misfortune. This is misplaced fault! God is always good, and the Lord tells us that He works all things (good and bad) for our good. It’s how we react to our circumstances that determine the results. Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path. He will always make your path straight! Keep your faith and trust.
Do you know that just the announcement of the Resurrection is indicative of its application and importance to a vibrant and overcoming Christian life? (Matthew 28:1-10 and Ephesians 1:18-21)
- At the dawn: Sunrise. At dawn on the first day of the week...Symbolic of newness; a new beginning. The Spirit of Christ living in our hearts should be a physical and spiritual resurrection in our lives. His Spirit should be a dawning to us. Is it to you? We should be resurrected people no longer constrained by the sin of this world. If the resurrection does not mean that to you, why? What is stopping it?
- Have you repented of your sins and and received with the Holy Spirit of God? This is the most important step in receiving the resurrection of Christ in your heart. Have you done this before but turned your face away from His? Turn to back to God.
- Is it the enemy deceiving you and stopping you from seeing the Lord through your circumstances?
- Are you neglecting of the Spirit of the Lord through the Word, worship and prayer making you spiritually weak and ill?
- Are there clouds blocking your view: Clouds of idolatry or unbelief?
As the sun rises everyday without ceasing, the resurrection of our souls is perpetually new. This is both mind-boggling and a reason to shout for joy.
- A violent Earthquake. There was a violent earthquake The Earth was shaken! Jesus’s resurrection shook the foundation of the fallen world- a world dominated by sin. Death and the Devil were defeated! You can be given courage by the fact that our Lord wins in all things. That earthquake is just a preview of the Victory the Lord has over evil-sin, death, sickness and the grave.
- Angels appeared. His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow. Angels gleaming in white brought the news. As at the birth of Christ, a divine declaration was in order: the light has overcome the darkness! This is a celebration greater than anything we will ever celebrate. Let’s rejoice in the Resurrection for it is transformational. All forms of darkness can now be dispelled with the resurrection power of Christ.
This announcement was the greatest of all time for the Resurrection of our Lord defeated everything about this fallen world. Do you fully understand the depth of His resurrection in your life? He was resurrected to conquer the death, sin and sickness not only of this fallen world but also the fallenness in our personal lives. This has a real application to our everyday struggles.
Who is the Lord to you? Who do you need the Lord to be at this time in your life and what are you believing for? There is nothing- nothing- impossible with God!
I pray for you as Paul did for the church in Ephesians 1:18-21. Have a great and resurrection empowered life!
You may have heard the question: “Mommy, Daddy, what happens after we die?” Some people are just not sure of the answer. Many people when asked, stammer or change the subject. They just don’t know. The Bible clearly and definitively provides the answer to that question.
Romans 8:11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you.
The Bible is clear: if the Spirit who raised Jesus from the dead- God the Father- is living in us (inside our heart and mind), that same spirit will give life to our mortal bodies through His Spirit. We will be resurrected- both spiritually and physically.
Children long to know that answer especially when someone they love passes on. We must provide the answer to their inquiring minds and hearts. No half truths or I don’t knows. Children long to know, and this truth will provide them the answer they are seeking.
As we accept the person and Lordship of Jesus Christ into our hearts, He never leaves us, especially at death. Jesus even gave the thief on his side a place in heaven because the man cried out to Him.
Then he said, “Jesus, Remember me when you come into your kingdom. Jesus answered him, “Truly, I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.” Luke 23:42-43.
Praise God for both the Crucifixion of Christ, which paid for our sins, and His Resurrection, which restores us spiritually and physically and provides for the eventual reunion with the Father.
It is the responsibility of parents to teach their children spiritual truths such as these, and provide a spiritual base for their life. We would never purposefully deny our children good nutrition, medical care, education, practical advice or moral guidance, yet there are people who say they want their children to “make up their own minds” about their faith. Faith is essential for wisdom and faith needs a foundation. It is the parents sacred responsibility to provide it.
Teach your children Spiritual Truth. They both need and want to know, and will make this both a happy and meaningful Easter.
Photo: Husband Tom, son Shane and grandson, Lincoln, waiting for dinner and having fun together. There’s no one like pop-pop and daddy.